This is one Mean Old Lady!

This is one Mean Old Lady!
Self-portrait: 'Quilter on Fire'

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Four Days Later....

 The wisteria and trumpet vines are pruned, awaiting the (explosive) Spring growth spurt.  The asparagus bed is being cleaned up--there are already some enterprising weeds and acorn sprouts to pull, and the leaf mulch will be discarded.  And....the bulbs are blooming!  The warm 60+ degree weather has encouraged early performance.  Delightful!
Does this mean that even global warming has its up-side?

The pictures below were taken February 21st.  Note the changes from February 19th above...

Our weather continues to be warm and dry.  Everything is in a hurry!  Even standing ten feet away, I could detect the fragrance from the blooms.  So cheerful!

 Doesn't this make you smile?

5 comments:

  1. I envy your green thumb! Beautiful flowers you have there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have a feeling of impending plant explosivity. It is going to be a good spring. I can sense it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those daffodils are gorgeous--or should I properly call them narcissus?

    I also can't wait for the wisteria, since the giant stands of semi-feral wisteria around here were so beautiful last spring. I'm gonna have to bring my camera this time.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonquils, narcissus, daffodils--I can't keep 'em straight, and I don't much care. I love them and enjoy them, and I have other nits to pick.

    My wisteria blew my cover (as DHubby declared we would never have this invasive plant in our yard) by blooming last Fall--tsk-- but I do vow to keep it whacked into submission; ditto the trumpet vine. I knew DHubby would never recognize the wisteria until it was too late... heh heh.

    Do bring the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course the advent of spring is glorious. And I look forward to seeing your yard in full bloom. But am I the only one who thinks that, since it's still February, we should still be having nights that are cold? And not be too anxious for the summer (I type this with a shudder) that follows?

    I do love me some wisteria though. You can't grow it everywhere, so maybe you can convince your DH that it's collectible?

    ReplyDelete


Rose 'Crepuscular'

Asparagus bed--post harvest

Lake Conway Mutti und Kinder