This is one Mean Old Lady!

This is one Mean Old Lady!
Self-portrait: 'Quilter on Fire'

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Adopt-a-Cat Month

June happens to be Adopt-a-Cat Month, a fact I learned from Fred Piscop's monthly puzzle on the NYT Puzzles and Games page.  

It was just a coincidence that I noticed the crossword puzzle on the same day that I went to pick up this cat, who needed a new home:
Introducing 'Charlie Parker,' a 4 1/2-year-old DSH (Domestic Short-hair) whose owner moved to an independent-living retirement home.  My friend brought him home from Dallas, had him checked out by her vet, and then (to complete the trauma) he was introduced to his new owners.  

Over the past few weeks he has slowly adjusted to his new home.  He's still spending a certain amount of time each day under our bed, but he's eating and drinking, using his litter box, and seeking us out for affection.  He's still very skittish, but we're patient with pets.  He has surprisingly good manners-- no jumping onto the kitchen counters or dining room table.  And isn't he gorgeous?  That sleek, silky coat, glowing green-gold eyes, and long, panther-like shape!  Oh, my, yes. 

3 comments:

  1. He is a beauty. He's also a really lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you picked a black one. I hear that black cats are the hardest to adopt out. I guess many people are still superstitious about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that kitty. Thanks for giving him a good home. I am sure he is getting spoiled!

    ReplyDelete


Rose 'Crepuscular'

Asparagus bed--post harvest

Lake Conway Mutti und Kinder