This is one Mean Old Lady!

This is one Mean Old Lady!
Self-portrait: 'Quilter on Fire'

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Invasion!

Rabbits are everywhere in town, raising broods and bringing them into our nice, dog-free yard to dine on delicacies.  

We finally located one run--after quite a struggle with the vines, I was able to block that one with a large stone.  The other entry was via a scraped-out space under the back gate.  I blocked the gap except for a six-inch space at the entry point and positioned a Hav-a-hart trap.  

 It did not take long for this large, healthy rabbit to dash under the fence and trip the gate mechanism.  He banged up his nose trying to bite through the wire.  The camera has also given him red eyes, but they were actually brown.  

There had been three rabbits in the yard when I went out to cut asparagus the day before, and I am blaming them for damaging some of my newly-planted starts in the garden.  I hope I will have the entrances barred before I plant green beans.  It is no fun to come out and find that I have only a row of stems where the sprouts should have been.

Later:
Bunny Number Two was in the trap this morning when I went out to cut asparagus.  There is at least one more culprit who has been using this entrance into the yard.  The trap awaits.....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Rose 'Crepuscular'

Asparagus bed--post harvest

Lake Conway Mutti und Kinder